December 2008: Selected for an “Angel Award” by California Lawyer Magazine
- Awarded to the State’s Outstanding Pro Bono Lawyers for their commitment to the rights of the most vulnerable and those most in need of legal services. Attorneys cannot apply for the Angel Award; the editors of California Lawyer Magazine select winners based on their own research and from nominations submitted by nonprofit organizations.
- Ms. Cooper and two fellow attorneys were awarded the Angel Award for their collective work on behalf of a young asylum seeker who had fled to California from El Salvador after being severely beaten by the police based on his sexual orientation. Ms. Cooper and her colleagues worked tirelessly on behalf of the young individual, conducting countless interviews, hearing appearances, motion practice, and appeals, until the young individual was finally released and granted a visa, as well as a work permit.
May 2010: Selected “Pro Bono Attorney of the Year” by the University of Southern California Gould School of Law
- Awarded to Ms. Cooper for her commitment to social justice lawyering. Before starting her own firm, Ms. Cooper served as the Pro Bono Coordinator while an associate at a large law firm, where she successfully increased attorney pro bono participation, orchestrated charity auctions, and personally donated hundreds of her own pro bono time to the finalization of more than 30 adoptions in conjunction with the Department of Children and Family Services.
2013, 2014, and 2015: Selected as a Rising Stars℠ by Super Lawyers® Magazine
- Each year, the Super Lawyers® Magazine undertakes a patented review process of exceptional lawyers, which includes peer nominations and independent research of the attorney’s transactions, experience, education, pro bono service, and outstanding achievements in both verdicts and settlements. Significantly, no more than 2.5 percent of all attorneys in the State are named as Rising Stars℠.
- 2014: Selected as Top Women Attorneys in Southern California – Rising Stars℠ by Super Lawyers® Magazine
2016: Selected as a Member of Lawyers of Distinction: Wills & Trusts
- Attorneys who meet the rigid proprietary criteria of the Lawyers of Distinction screening process have demonstrated a high degree of peer recognition and professional competence, placing them in the top 10% of all attorneys in the United States. No more than 10% of the attorneys in any given state are offered membership.